Zerodha is one of the most well-known names in the stockbroking industry. Zerodha sub broker is one of the finest business opportunities out there. So, if you’re wondering how to become a sub broker in Zerodha, you’re certainly at the right place.
The discount broker has such a pull to it, that people jump at each and every opportunity to associate with it.
Established in 2010, Zerodha is one of the earliest discount brokers in the country. Currently, the discount broker has an active client base of over 2.4 million.
The SEBI registered discount broker has new technology backed trading platforms available across every gadget possible, and their trading education platform “Zerodha Varsity” to thank for their massive popularity.
This popularity has subsequently caught the imagination of many business enthusiasts who hold the opinion that any business partnership with the broker is sure to be profitable.
The figures surely suggest that and hence this has left many people wondering how to become a sub broker of Zerodha.
So, that’s exactly what we will be looking at. All the while learning about the business partnership plan and considering various aspects such as eligibility criteria, commission rates, the initial deposit amount, etc.
So, let’s get down to it.
Zerodha Sub Broker Model
Zerodha has two business partnership models, thus offering individuals options as per their investment goals. Each of the sub broker models has exclusive perks to offer and it all comes down to an individual’s choice.
We take a look at the two types of Zerodha sub broker partnership models below–
- Zerodha Authorized Person Programme – In this Zerodha Authorized Person Programme, the person becomes a representative of the stockbroker and directly opens accounts of clients.
Under this Zerodha sub broker model, the sub broker seeks to bring in as many customers as possible to the stockbroker because the sub broker earns per every client that opens an account with the stockbroker.
In addition to earning 20%-50% commission per every client, the sub broker also earns brokerage income for every transaction made by the clients.
For subscribing to this model, the sub broker will have to pay an initial amount of ₹1500, however is exempt from paying any security fees.
If you want to become a dealer in mutual funds, learn how to become a sub broker in mutual funds.
- Zerodha Referral Programme – Under the Zerodha Referral Programme, a sub broker can earn by simply referring Zerodha to their friends, relatives, etc. The sub broker first has to register themselves with the stockbroker though.
Zerodha sub broker will earn 10% of the total brokerage amount for every client that you bring to the stockbroker.
Also, you are credited with 300 reward points to your sub broker account for each referral that you make.
You can use these reward points to avail any premium product or partner service offered by the stockbroker.
How to Become Zerodha Sub Broker?
You can proceed to the Zerodha business process after ensuring that you meet the eligibility criteria. The process of enrolling for Zerodha sub broker is as follows:
- Fill in the details in the below-mentioned registration form.
- We will arrange a call for you. You can get in touch with the stockbroker’s representative to discuss the particulars.
- In case, you want to discuss the plans in person with the stockbroker. You can always ask for a meeting at a location with Zerodha representatives.
- To register as a sub broker you will need to provide the documents at the time of registration.
- After the registration process, the documents will further be sent for verification.
- Once all the documents are verified, you will be provided with a login ID and a password that you can use for setting up your Zerodha sub broker account.
Zerodha Sub Broker Eligibility
Although both of the above mentioned Zerodha Sub broker models don’t have any defined eligibility criteria, But, still you can consider these as the basic requirements for registering with the broker:
- The applicant should be over 18 years of age.
- The applicant should have at least 3 years of experience in the stock market or any finance-related industry.
- A SEBI registration form is a must.
- The individual should be a Graduate.
Now, let us move on to learning about the charges involved in the process.
Zerodha Sub Broker Charges
There are certain charges involved in the sub broker registration process. The sub broker charges differ for every sub broker model.
You will have to pay the SEBI registration fees first before applying for Zerodha sub brokership. The complete list of charges levied by the broker per every sub broker model is as follows :
Documents for Zerodha Sub Broker
Following is the list of documents to partner with the broker:
- Identity Proof – Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card
- Address Proof – Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, Electricity Bill, Phone Bill
- Qualification – Graduation Degree copies
- Age Proof – Can be the same as the above-mentioned proofs where age is mentioned
- Bank Account Details – A Cancelled Cheque
- Passport Size Photographs
- SEBI registration certificate
Although established in 2010, Zerodha is one of the most popular brands in the stockbroking industry. The trading plans and brokerage plans offered by the discount broker are unrivaled.
The number of clients has already reached a staggering 2.4 million. This directs at the huge potential of a business partnership with the stockbroker.
Zerodha sub broker is one of the finest business partnerships available across the stockbroking industry. Huge growth potential and fair commission rates are among the many perks of Zerodha sub brokership.
Individuals who wish to, but don’t know how to become a sub broker in Zerodha needn’t worry at the thought of the task.
The registration process is pretty straightforward that begins with providing your name and contact number in the registration box mentioned below.
The sub broker will need to provide a few documents such as ID proof, Address proof, Age proof etc. But before this documentation, it is suggested that the individual checks the eligibility criteria as well.
In case you wish to become a sub-broker or a stockbroking business partner in any capacity, let us assist you in taking the next steps forward: