Motilal Oswal is one of the most popular names in India, and prospects of a business partnership with the broker sound interesting to many. So, anyone who has such plans must be looking for how to become a sub broker of Motilal Oswal.
People in and around the stockbroking industry will agree with the fact that Motilal Oswal is one of the finest full-service stockbrokers in India.
The company established in the year 1987, has won over the hearts of Indian traders and investors alike with their quality services.
Motilal Oswal broker is an NSDL and CDSL Depository Participant and having an account with the broker allows traders to place trades listed on national major stock exchanges – Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange.
Today, Motilal Oswal Securities Limited has an active client list that boasts of over 4.4 Lakhs, and that list seems to be growing with every passing day.
Thus, the idea of becoming a Motilal Oswal sub broker should be given much consideration after all.
Before learning about how to become a sub broker of Motilal Oswal, we should first have a look at the sub broker models offered by the SEBI registered stockbroker.
Motilal Oswal Sub Broker Model
Individuals have options in regards to Motilal Oswal sub broker models. All of which vary in terms of the commission that a sub-broker can earn, the initial investment cost, etc.
For further information, here is a quick look into how much a sub-broker earns.
There are 4 models in total and individuals can opt for any of the following as per their choice :
Motilal Oswal franchise is the same as Motilal Oswal authorized person. Under this business model, a Motilal Oswal sub broker has a team and office of their own.
Here the sub-broker works to bring in more and more clients to open the Motilal Oswal Demat account. The commission that a sub-broker earns is based on the revenue generated by them.
The sub-broker will have to pay an initial non-refundable fee of Rs 15,000 for the registration processes only.
Later, the sub-broker will have to pay up a security deposit of Rs 3 Lakh, which will be returned when you wish to opt-out of the business.
The Motilal Oswal franchise model requires an initial investment of Rs 5 Lakhs and has around 150 – 200 sq yards of space for setting up an office to carry out business. The stockbroker offers a commission rate of 60% to 80%.
Motilal Oswal Employee to Entrepreneur
This sub broker model is available to individuals who either are currently employed at a stockbroking firm or have relevant experience in the stockbroking space.
In other words, this is the perfect opportunity for an employee who aspires to become an entrepreneur. This particular model will suit many people operating in the stockbroking space.
Here, the sub-broker will not have to leave their current jobs and can conduct business in any of the financial instruments.
The Motilal Oswal sub broker commission under this model ranges from 30% to 40%.
Motilal Oswal Remisier model is a business opportunity for individuals who have 2 to 3 years of experience in selling financial instruments.
Here the sub-broker can start their business at no capital cost and will only have to invest Rs 1 Lakh.
Largely, the main operations of a Motilal Oswal remisier include referring Motilal Oswal to people, be it their connections, or third person contacts.
The revenues of this sub brokership of Motilal Oswal are dependent on the number of referred clients that opt for Motilal Oswal Demat account opening.
A sub-broker under this model can earn a commission of 20 % to 40%.
Motilal Oswal Channel Partner
Motilal Oswal Channel Partner model is a business model tailored for individuals who already are handling a set of clients and would like to enhance their reach in terms of clients and services offered.
Through this Motilal Oswal sub brokership model, the sub-broker gets the opportunity to expand their services across financial products as well as the growth prospects are enhanced massively.
If you want to deal in mutual funds only, learn how to become a sub broker in Mutual Funds.
The sub-broker earns through encouraging its existing clients to invest in other financial instruments offered by him/her.
The sub broker can make upto 70% – 90% commission under this model.
Motilal Oswal Digi Partner
Motilal Oswal Digi Partner is a unique and the most recent sub-brokership model by the stockbroker.
This model is designed for entrepreneurs involved in offering financial services, bank agents, real estate agents, MBA students, etc.
The sub-broker looks to acquire clients for setting up accounts with the broker, investing across various financial products, offering trading advice.
The biggest appeal of becoming a Motilal Oswal Digi Partner is the minimum registration charges are only Rs 15,000, and there is no compulsion of having an office infrastructure.
A sub-broker can earn a commission of around 40% for their services.
Motilal Oswal Sub Broker Process
Despite the fact that the stockbroker offers multiple partnership models, Motilal Oswal sub broker process follows the same steps in each and every case.
- If you are interested in becoming a Motilal Oswal sub broker, you just need to provide your Name and Contact Number in the form below.
- We will arrange a call with a Motilal Oswal representative for you.
- Once the representative gets in touch with you over the phone, you can go ahead and discuss your background details and your business objectives.
- You can set a physical meeting with the representative as per your comfort.
- You need to submit the mandatory documents for registration as a sub broker.
- Upon submission, the documents will be thoroughly verified.
- Once the verification process is completed, you will be provided with the Motilal Oswal sub broker login ID and password.
Motilal Oswal Sub Broker Eligibility
There are some basic requirements that individuals must fulfill in order to become a Motilal Oswal sub broker. The eligibility criteria is listed below:
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The sub broker must possess a SEBI registration form.
- Experience of a minimum of 2 to 3 years in the financial sector or stock market. Even MBA students can apply for Motilal Oswal sub brokership, knowledge is the top priority for that matter.
- The applicant must hold a Graduation degree
Further, there is specific eligibility criteria for each sub-broker model. Full details are listed below:
Motilal Oswal Franchise Eligibility
- The applicant must have a healthy client base.
- The applicant must have prior experience in selling financial instruments.
- The individual will have to pay a minimum Investment amount of Rs 3 Lakhs.
Motilal Oswal Employee to Entrepreneur
This model is tailored for individuals :
- Already employed with a stockbroker
- At least have experience in the stock market.
Motilal Oswal Remisier
An ideal individual that fits the bill for this model will be the one
- Having 2 – 3 years of experience in selling financial instruments.
- A person with a finance background and a reliable client base
- The person will have to pay up a minimum of Rs 1 Lakhs.
Motilal Oswal Channel Partner
This sub broker model is well suited for :
- agents that are already handling a group of clients.
Motilal Oswal Digi Partner
Motilal Oswal Digi Partner invites :
- Entrepreneurs with a finance background
- Bank Agents
- MBA students
To become a sub broker of Motilal Oswal, the Sub Broker registration process requires individuals to pay a few charges. Further, Motilal Oswal sub broker charges depend on the basis of sub broker models. However, Motilal Oswal Sub Broker Charges depend on the business partnership models that an individual chooses.
Below is the complete list of Motilal Oswal Digi sub broker charges:
Documents for Motilal Oswal Sub Broker
In order to become a Motilal Oswal sub broker, an individual must provide some documents. The broker mandates a couple of documents for registering as a sub-broker. The documents for Motilal Oswal sub-broker are listed below:
- Identification Proof – PAN card, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport.
- Address Proof – Any of the identification proof can be used as Address proof. In addition to these, the list is as follows – Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Electricity Bill, Phone Bill, Passport, Ration Card.
- Educational Proof – a copy of the Graduation degree certificate
- Age Proof – Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, or any other valid certificate that has a mention of age.
- SEBI Registration certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Work Experience certificate to validate the experience in the financial sector
- A copy of the security deposit cheque
- A copy of the investment deposit
Motilal Oswal often finds its mention among the top stockbrokers in the country. This is reflected from the fact that today the stockbroker has over 4.4 Lakhs clients that are availing their services.
A business partnership with the stockbroker is thus a great option for budding entrepreneurs. There are a total of 5 ways an individual can acquire sub brokership of Motilal Oswal.
For anyone having queries regarding how to become sub broker of Motilal Oswal can rest assured that the registration process is fairly straightforward.
Further, the process requires the individual to produce a couple of documents such as ID proof, Address proof, along with the mandatory SEBI registration form.
As for the talk of the commission, a person can make as much as 70% of commission per client they refer.
As well as earn from the clients investing in various financial instruments.
In case you wish to become a sub-broker or a stockbroking business partner in any capacity, let us assist you in taking the next steps forward: