ICICI Direct is among those institutions that recognized the growing trend of the financial markets as well as the investment business. In the year 2003, its partnership offer in terms of ICICI Direct sub-broker business began. In order to cater to the inclination of people, ICICI Direct decided to start retail channels through which the potential customers from the smaller cities can be acquired.
Besides this, the investors in small cities did not have access to the internet and also lacked sufficient market knowledge. This also led to the introduction of ICICI Direct sub-broker business. There were about 300 outlets of this program in the tier 1 cities by the current financial year.
In order to serve the clients in the tier II cities, the franchise model began which is suitable for someone who intends to have an entrepreneurial role along with the investment of nominal capital. Over 400 locations having 1200 franchise outlets were served by ICICI Direct when it took off in its initial years. Currently, there are more than 1050 offices of ICICI Direct, found in both Tier-I and Tier-II cities.
With a few regulatory changes in the stockbroking business, the ICICI Direct sub-brokers will now be known as Authorised Person as per the latest circular of SEBI and they will be enrolled under the exchanges rather than SEBI. However, this will not alter the functionality and other aspects of these sub-brokers in any way whatsoever.
ICICI Direct Partnership Models:
ICICI Direct provides the Indians and the NRIs with decent trading programs. This full-service stockbroker is ICICI’s subsidiary that provides its clients and partners with trading services, stock market education, advisory services etc.
There are two partnership models which the company offers to its customers. These are enumerated below:
ICICI Direct sub-broker
Although, operationally you need to register as an Authorized Person or AP, however, the term sub-broker is still prominent and thus is being used to define this business segment.
If you opt for this model, then you need to provide service to a large client base of ICICI Direct. Besides this, with the help of ICICI Direct team, a customer base has to be developed by you as well. It is a perfect model for those who have very good experience in the financial market and knows how to serve a client base efficiently.
As an ICICI Direct sub-broker, a number of services and assets will be available for you to trade. It includes IPOs, mutual funds, currency, commodities, equity, derivatives etc
Here is the list of functions which you need to perform as an ICICI Direct Sub-broker:
[su_list icon=”icon: edit” icon_color=”#b6c2f4″]
- Ensure the management of risk for your clients.
- In case any issue occurs, you will have to fix them in a stipulated period.
- New client acquisition is another major role, after which you need to provide them with timely assistance and necessary services related to the trades and investments.
- You do not have to worry about maintaining any back office.[/su_list]
ICICI Direct Remisier or Investment Associate
The primary thing a Remisier needs to do is to add the potential clients to the company’s network. Once the clients enter into a partnership, i.e become a permanent paying member and start trading with ICICI Direct, then you can earn a profit.
It is the perfect model for the freshers as you do not need to have prior experience for joining it.
ICICI Direct Sub Broker Initial Costing:
The investment fees of different models are explained below:
ICICI Direct Investment Associate
The registration, in this case, ranges from ₹70,000 to ₹1,00,000. Besides this, there are specific costs which you need to bear for becoming an Investment Associate or Remisier.
ICICI Direct Sub-broker
An initial deposit of ₹70,000 to ₹1 lakh is needed for becoming an ICICI Direct Sub-broker. This security deposit ensures recognition against the threat of default. It is also necessary to set up the office infrastructure that will further need an investment amounting to ₹1 to ₹2 lakh.
With such a setup and a good internet connection, your clients can get better services.
ICICI Direct Sub broker Revenue Sharing:
The revenue sharing of this broking house varies with the type of partnership model you are into. Depending on the business that your client accomplishes, you will get the revenue share.
Other factors which affect the revenue sharing include the deposited amount, generated leads, amount of investment made in the infrastructure, and the client’s set of skills to carry out his functions effectively.
Broadly speaking, the average ratio varies from 40% to 70%. The ratio is 30% to 70% of the generated revenue for an investment associate.
In order to be a partner of ICICI Direct in any form, there is a list of conditions you need to meet so that all the business requirements are taken care of.
These conditions vary from one broker model to another. Here are the details:
ICICI Direct sub-broker:
You need to fulfil the following criteria for becoming an ICICI Direct sub-broker:
[su_list icon=”icon: bullhorn” icon_color=”#f73846″]
- The minimum age you need to have is 21 years or above.
- Minimum experience of three or more years is mandatory in the Indian Financial markets.
- The necessary documents needed for authorization as well as sub-broker registration must be provided to the company without missing any.
- You should have the zeal as well as skills of leveraging on the local connections and making the business a success.
- You minimum educational qualification should be no less than 10+2, though graduates having specialisation in finance and marketing are given priority.[/su_list]
ICICI Direct Investment Associate or Remisier:
The necessary eligibility criteria for this model are as follows:
[su_list icon=”icon: bullhorn” icon_color=”#f73846″]
- Your minimum age should be no less than 20 years old.
- You should have the capability of attracting a large customer base to the company as well as leverage the brand name.
- Make sure to provide all the required certificates for completing the process of registration.
- Your minimum educational qualification has to be 10th pass, though persons who have completed their 10+2 and gradation are given priority.
- If you have an experience of three or more years in the finance sector then it is preferred.[/su_list]
ICICI Direct Sub broker Benefits:
The reputation of ICICI Direct has made it famous throughout India as well as in various parts of the world. The advantages you will get being an ICICI Direct sub-broker are enlisted in the following section:
A well-established brand name:
ICICI Direct is enlisted in India among the top 3 largest financial traders. Once you get associated as an ICICI Direct sub-broker, you will get a trusted recognition under this famous brand name.
This will help you in customer acquisition online as well as offline. Owing to its best services, it is expanding its business in other countries of the world too.
Best support from the technical team at every step:
The company provides its partners with ample resources for establishing their business. This is the primary factor that helps in the creation of excellent ICICI Direct sub-brokers.
In order to look after the progress of the activities while carrying out the business functions, there are specialised associates. Thus you can successfully accomplish your work with their support even if you lack in past experience in the financial sector.
Establishment of reliable and firm foundations:
With ICICI Direct, you will be attending knowledge programs that will help you in having strong basics related to the trading and finances. All the partners and traders can attend this program as it enables everyone to smoothly begin as well as carry out the business activities.
Not only this, the company will provide you with leaflets, banners, visiting cards, posters, etc. that will support you in the new customer acquisition.
In-depth Research report:
ICICI Direct always intends that you should always excel in your business. In order to make this possible, it has an award-winning team that does research and provides you with an in-depth report by the use of latest tools and technologies.
Such reports are quite helpful as they are regarding the currency momentum picks, strategy, derivatives, intraday calls, etc.
One of the best security service in the industry:
Today, with all the transactions being carried out online, it becomes highly essential to ensure the safety and security of the customer data. With ICICI Direct sub-broker program, you can enjoy the top level security services that ensure the total safety and security of your data as well as bank accounts.
Trading a range of products:
You will get the option to choose from a variety of products and services for trading. It includes ETF, IPO, GOI binds, derivatives, equity, Infrastructure bonds, currency etc., all of which enhance the scope of providing you with opportunities along with the chance of earning profits.
Division of profit:
This will be done in the ratio of 60:40 or 70:30 according to the company sub-broker agreement.
ICICI Direct Investment associate Benefits:
Here are the benefits of opting for ICICI Direct as your business’ Investment Associate:
[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#3cc92e”]
- The company’s reputation in the financial industry can be used for earning profits. It will not only help you in gaining the trust of the customers but also in the addition of new customers to the company’s network
- For every customer that gets added to the company through you, you earn a profit of 30%.
- To make you more knowledgeable, the company provides free training and education programs that include System training, Induction training and Compliance training.
- By attending such events, you can get to know a lot of things from renowned personalities and experts in the industry.
- In this type of partnership model, you do not need to make any investment for establishing your infrastructure as you can work from anywhere as per your convenience.[/su_list]
ICICI Direct sub-broker offers:
With ICICI Direct, you can enjoy certain offers that it provides to its customers from time to time:
[su_list icon=”icon: flash” icon_color=”#f4c13b”]
- Demant accounts can be opened for the clients free of cost.
- The brokerage plans are quite flexible.
- You can get to choose from different business models.
- You will be provided with a free training session for enhancing your business activities.
- There is a scope for agreeing to a break-even period.
- You can enjoy investment at low cost.
- The revenue sharing for various business models can be negotiated.[/su_list]
ICICI Direct sub-broker FAQs:
Here are some of the questions that come up in the minds of the clients frequently while opting to join as ICICI Direct sub-broker:
What investment do I need to make in order to enter into a partnership with ICICI Direct?
You will need to invest ₹70,000 to ₹1,00,000 for registration purposes in case of ICICI Direct Investment Associate. In the case of ICICI Direct Sub-broker, a security deposit of ₹70,000 to ₹1 lakh is needed along with other expenses for the infrastructure of about ₹1 to ₹2 lakh.
What benefits can I get on joining the ICICI Direct network?
- The best thing is that you can take advantage of a well-established brand to set up, expand your business and earn profits. Along with this, you will get support from its team of experts for the smooth functioning of your business.
- You will get in-depth research reports, training sessions and an option to trade a variety of financial products such as quality, derivatives, IPOS, ETFs, GOI bonds, infrastructure bonds and much more. In the process, you will learn about the method of using trading software and other platforms.
- It has a large client base and a heavy initial investment is not needed.
- You can enjoy brokerage cashback.
- You will get an opportunity to leverage the experience of other sub-brokers through interaction with them.
What are the documents you need to provide while getting yourself registered with ICICI Direct?
It is necessary to submit a list of documents for completing the process of registration and starting your business. If you succeed to meet all the requirements of ICICI Direct sub-broker requirement then it will be really the most important opportunity you can avail in your life.
The list of documents are enumerated below:
- Two recent passports sized photograph.
- Certificate showing your Date of birth
- Certificates showing your educational qualifications.
- If you are applying as an ICICI Direct sub-broker, you will have to submit a rental agreement.
- Bank Statement
- PAN Card
- Adhaar Card
- A valid proof of your address
Who are the suitable candidates to join ICICI Direct?
Each of the two partnership models of ICICI Direct enumerated number of eligibility criteria for you to successfully join it, which are mentioned in the previous sections.
But, in general, this is the best business opportunity for the one who intends to operate as an entrepreneur as well as establish his own business in the financial and trading sector. Since it is a big name in the financial industry, beginning your career with it will provide you with a great boost.
If in case you are looking to become a sub-broker or partner in stockbroking business in any form, let us assist you further in this.
Just fill in some basic details and we will take care of the rest for you: